We are pleased to announce the launch of My Sewing Adventure Scholarship 2017. Every year we honor one excellent student with a $1,000 scholarship to be used towards college or university costs.
This scholarship is for all the students who are currently pursuing an undergraduate degree or a Master’s degree within the United States and posses a passion for sewing and crafting. All you need to apply for our scholarship are some creativity and good writing skills.
Students who are currently studying in the fields of Performing Arts or Fashion Design may be especially interested in this scholarship, though applicants aren’t required any expertise in the area to apply.
My Sewing Adventure is a website dedicated to sewing. We provide sewing enthusiasts from all over the world with all the information they need to start with their sewing journey, as can be seen in our compilation of the best sewing machines for beginners. We also review and compare the top sewing equipment to simplify their purchasing decisions.
Terms of Participation
- To participate in My Sewing Adventure Scholarship, you must write an Essay between 700 to 1000 words on the subject “Sewing in the Modern World“, where we’d like you to write about why modern people might come to be interested in sewing and how they might pursue their passion in the modern world.
- The participant who will write the best essay will receive a $1000 scholarship.
- The $1000 scholarship must be applied to college or university expenses.
- The essay must be the applicant’s own work and will be checked for plagiarism.
- The winner of our My Sewing Adventure Scholarship will have their submission featured on our website.
- This scholarship is for the students currently enrolled in colleges or universities within the United States.
- When reviewing the essay we’ll take into consideration the value and creativity of the content.
- You cannot apply more than once.
How to Submit your Application
Write an essay 700-1000 words long and convert it into .pdf file. After, send us an email at scholarships[at]mysewingadventure.com with the attached .pdf file and all of the details listed below. Please submit the document using the following name template: LastName_FirstName_Date_Scholarship.pdf
- Your Personal Details (Full name, telephone number and mailing address).
- University or college Name.
- Field of Study.
- Proof that you are currently enrolled in the university or college you specified.
- Please include an email that we can use to reach you.
Application Deadline & Guidelines
- Starting Date: November 1, 2016
- Deadline: May 31, 2017
- Winner Announcement: June 15, 2017
The winner submission of the $1000 scholarship will be posted on mysewingadventure.com and awarded on June 15, 2017.